Marketing is essential for any business, but with so many directions you can take, it can be challenging to narrow your focus. The key to success in your marketing strategy lies in the quality of your questions. Asking the right questions helps you get clarity and confidence when it comes to marketing. In this blog post, we will break down the 10 most important questions you need to ask before you start marketing, known as the 10 P’s. Whether you’re marketing for yourself or for someone else, asking yourself these 10 questions can help you get clarity and confidence in your marketing strategy.
- Who are the people you serve?
- What’s their experience like?
- What are their psychographics or their demographics?
- How old are they?
- Why are they watching these videos?
- What’s the benefit for them?
- What is the pain, challenge, or desire of your people?
- Identify what pain, desire, or opportunity that your people have.
- Start your ad with the pain or opportunity.
- What’s the promise of the video?
- Why should someone keep watching this video?
- What are you helping them do in their life?
- Why you? Of all the people who are talking about this, why should someone listen to you?
- Start to position yourself as the person of authority in this area or industry.
- Why does your audience need the product or service that you provide?
- Get really clear on what the value is that your product provides.
- How does it save people time, money, or increase their energy?
- Focus on the benefits of your product or service, not the features.
- What is your unique process for creating value?
- Break down the three to five step process for getting the value from your product.
- Provide evidence that your product or service works
- Use personal stories or testimonials from clients or customers
- Highlight any data or research that supports your product or service
- Clearly communicate the next step that your target audience should take
- Highlight why they should take action now
- Provide a clear and concise call-to-action
- Leave your target audience feeling good
- Use positive language and tone
- Highlight the benefits and solutions that your product or service provides
- Consider the tone and feel of your video
- Determine the message and brand that you want to convey
- Use engaging visuals and clear language to capture your target audience’s attention
Asking these questions before you start your marketing campaign will help you gain clarity and confidence in your strategy. Knowing your audience and their needs, having a clear value proposition, and understanding your unique process for creating value will make all the difference in your marketing campaign’s success.
If YouTube ads is something you or your business are interested in but not sure where to take that initial first steps then you will want to check out our 2023 YouTube Incubator program.
We spend 3 days taking you from writing your video ad script, shooting your video ad, researching your perfect audience to launching your YouTube campaign.