Ads are everywhere, and they are often difficult to stand out from. In fact, you may have just skipped one to read this blog post. As someone who has marketed videos for over a decade, I have noticed some patterns on what works and what doesn’t. This post will give you some do’s and don’ts when it comes to advertising on YouTube.
Do talk about your audience
When creating a marketing campaign, it is essential to focus on your audience. The product or service you provide should not be the center of attention. Instead, you should focus on your audience’s needs, challenges, and desires. If you talk too much about yourself or your product, people will not care until they know you care about them.
- Make sure to talk about what challenges they are facing and how they can overcome them.
- Talk about their dreams and aspirations, and how you can help support them.
- Finding the balance between focusing on your brand and generating revenue is crucial.
Don’t sell, but do share stories
Friends don’t sell, but they do tell stories. This statement is accurate when it comes to marketing. Share your story or your customers’ stories, which helps build trust with the audience. If you can tell a story about how your service or product helped someone, it can be more impactful than merely trying to sell the product.
- Share your customer’s stories and put them on a pedestal.
- Use great testimonials to show how your product or service can make a difference.
Don’t be a porcupine, but be a rhinoceros
When creating a marketing video or any marketing content, have one strong point instead of many points. Having too many points can confuse the audience and affect the effectiveness of the message. Having one clear message is more likely to stick with people.
- Make sure to distill your message down to one strong point.
Don’t lean on one traffic source, but diversify your traffic sources and focus on owning an email list
Relying on one traffic source can be detrimental to your business. Changes in the algorithm of a platform like Google or Facebook can significantly impact your sales. Focus on diversifying your traffic sources, and owning an email list can be a great way to generate traffic.
- Owning an email list allows you to have direct access to your audience.
- Focusing on diversifying traffic sources ensures that changes on one platform do not hurt your business.
Marketing is an ever-evolving field, and it is essential to stay up-to-date on the latest trends and techniques. Focusing on your audience and sharing stories, having one clear message, and diversifying your traffic sources can help you stand out from the crowd. Remember, if you don’t do these things correctly, it could cause a ton of stress and even kill your business.
If YouTube ads is something you or your business are interested in but not sure where to take that initial first steps then you will want to check out our 2023 YouTube Incubator program.
We spend 3 days taking you from writing your video ad script, shooting your video ad, researching your perfect audience to launching your YouTube campaign.