In this article, I will provide you with the four most important dos and don’ts for creating a successful video marketing strategy. As the founder of Video Power Marketing, I have gained a decade of experience marketing videos for both myself and my clients. Over time, I’ve learned what works and what doesn’t when it comes to video marketing. Keep reading to discover the four essential points that will help improve your video marketing strategy.
Dos and Don’ts:
Don’t talk about your product, do talk about your audience
- People care about themselves and their problems, not your product or service
- Focus on how you can help them overcome their challenges and achieve their desires
- Balance between focusing on sales and brand building
Don’t sell, but do share stories
- Stories build trust, whereas selling can come off as pushy
- Share your customers’ success stories to highlight the benefits of your product or service
- Avoid selling your product or service all the time, instead focus on sharing stories that showcase how your service has helped customers
Don’t be a porcupine, do be a rhinoceros
- Distill your message down to one strong point
- Confusing messages can confuse and turn off viewers
- Be clear and concise with your message to avoid confusion
Don’t lean on one traffic source, but…
- Relying on one source of traffic can cause undue stress and potentially kill your business
- Diversify your traffic sources to ensure a steady flow of leads and sales
In conclusion, these four dos and don’ts are crucial for a successful video marketing strategy. By focusing on your audience, sharing stories, being clear with your message, and diversifying your traffic sources, you will be on the right track towards a successful video marketing campaign. Remember to always put your audience first and build trust through stories to achieve the best results.
If YouTube ads is something you or your business are interested in but not sure where to take that initial first steps then you will want to check out our YouTube Ads Workshop
We spend 3 days taking you from writing your video ad script, shooting your video ad, researching your perfect audience to launching your YouTube campaign.