In 2022, the online advertising space underwent significant changes, especially with the iOS 14 update. These changes have impacted many people’s advertising on YouTube. Video Power Marketing, an advertising team that spends millions each month on YouTube and has Google reps, keeps a close pulse on what’s working and what’s not. Based on their experience, they have identified what’s working for YouTube ads in 2023, and revealed two critical skill sets that advertisers need to be successful on YouTube this year. Watch the whole video here:
Optimize for People, Not the Algorithm
It is important for businesses to play on both sides of the brain in order to be successful in video marketing. This means utilizing both short form and long form videos. Short form videos are shorter videos (typically less than five minutes) that are quick to produce and great for engaging viewers with bite-sized content. Long form videos are longer (typically more than 15 minutes) and provide more in-depth information about a topic and also have the potential to engage viewers for a longer period of time. Having a combination of both formats allows you to engage different types of audiences, so make sure to create content for both!
- Focus on optimizing for human behavior, not just views, clicks, impressions, and conversions.
- Remember that there is a human behind every view and click.
- Provide value and make the customer’s life easier.
- Take a step back and think about how you’re serving your audience.
- Understand your audience by talking to your customers and getting insights into their needs.
Google Analytics 4
- Google Analytics 4 is a solution to protect people’s privacy while optimizing for conversions and actions.
- Update your Google Ads, Google Analytics 4, and Google Tag Manager to work together.
- AI plays a significant role in optimizing for results for advertisers, so having all platforms talking together is crucial.
- GA 4 can help you leverage data and AI to understand customer behavior better.
- The old Google Analytics will be sunset in June or July, making GA 4 the only option going forward.
In conclusion, advertisers on YouTube must optimize for people, not the algorithm, and build products and services around the needs of their audience. Advertisers must also take advantage of Google Analytics 4, ensuring that their Google ads, Google Analytics 4, and Google tag manager are updated, to continue to leverage data and AI to be successful on YouTube.
If YouTube ads is something you or your business are interested in but not sure where to take that initial first steps then you will want to check out our 2023 YouTube Incubator program.
We spend 3 days taking you from writing your video ad script, shooting your video ad, researching your perfect audience to launching your YouTube campaign.