YouTube ads have become one of the most powerful ways to get your message in front of millions of specific types of people anywhere in the world. Many people skip them, but a surprising amount watch and even purchase because of them. In this blog post, we’ll explore the basics of how anyone can create a video and advertise it on YouTube.
Benefits of Advertising on YouTube
- YouTube is one of the best places to advertise because people go to YouTube to search for something or be entertained.
- With the right video, you can put your message in front of people who are looking for a solution that your product or service can provide.
- YouTube advertising is also cheap. You can spend a small amount of money and have your ad seen by thousands of people.
- YouTube advertising is based on the CPM model, where you pay per thousand impressions.
How YouTube Ads Work
- YouTube is the second-largest search engine, and people go there to learn something or be entertained.
- To advertise on YouTube, you need to create a video and upload it to YouTube.
- Then, you create a Google Ads account and go inside Google to create a campaign.
- You choose your budget and target your audience based on their interests or what they are searching for.
- Once you launch your campaign, Google will start showing your ads to your target audience.
- If your ad does well, people will see it, click on it, and potentially purchase your product or service.
My First YouTube Ad Campaign
- Nine years ago, I had just quit my job and had my first child. I needed to get my message out to the millions without breaking the bank.
- I created a free video marketing course to help people market their videos on YouTube and build my email list.
- I then created a video that focused on my experience and how video marketing can grow a business.
- After testing different variations, I found the right video and launched my campaign.
- My campaign was successful, and my business started to grow.
Creating and advertising on YouTube can be a cost-effective way to get your message out to the millions. By creating the right video and targeting the right audience, you can potentially grow your business. Don’t be afraid to start small and test different variations to find the right formula for your campaign.
If YouTube ads is something you or your business are interested in but not sure where to take that initial first steps then you will want to check out our 2023 YouTube Incubator program.
We spend 3 days taking you from writing your video ad script, shooting your video ad, researching your perfect audience to launching your YouTube campaign.